The Sunday afternoon group is back to sweaters after a brief shawl diversion last month. The Atlanta Mesh pullover is featured below with Tahki Stacy Charles' Tandem (a cotton/viscose blend). This has been a favorite with the staff -- Debbie, Gayle, and Alisa have each knit one. If you're considering a first garment that you can wear in the summer, this is it!
© Tahki Stacy Charles, Inc.
We'll be meeting four times in May and if you'd like to join the KAL, we'd love to have you! The cost to join is $40 and you'll receive the pattern free* as well as a 10% discount on the yarn you choose for the project. Deadline to sign up is Saturday, April 30.
The Atlanta Mesh Pullover Knit Along (KAL) will meet on the following days:
Sunday, May 1, 2016 from 1:00 - 3:00 pm (this is Crawfish Festival weekend, so we might change to 11-1)
Sunday, May 8, 2016 from 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. MOTHER'S DAY - NOT MEETING
Sunday, May 15, 2016 from 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Sunday, May 22, 2016 from 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Sunday, May 29, 2016 from 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. (Memorial Day weekend, but we will be meeting at the usual time)
What to expect from our Sunday Shawl KALs:
- Expect to learn a lot through hands-on instruction from the KAL - you will be challenged to learn new skills!
- Expect to have fun! While we're learning, we're also helping one another and socializing.
- Expect support before, during, and after the KAL - you will have opportunities through our Ravelry group to ask questions until you finish your project.
- Expect that because the group is popular and we like to say YES if you want to join us, that there might be several knitters in the KAL! If you would prefer one-on-one time, we can schedule that for you.
- Expect extras - special discounts for participants, one-off workshops like how to block your knits, and other fun treats.
*We choose patterns that are available through the Ravelry in-store program. This means we purchase the pattern on your behalf. It's sent to you as a PDF via email and will be saved in YOUR Ravelry library. We do NOT buy the pattern and make photocopies -- your very own pattern copy should arrive in your email, and in some cases will have your name printed on it. A modest printing fee will apply if you'd like a printed color copy of the pattern.